Tag Archives: GUYANA OIL: GYSBI responds to media reports regarding terminated local workers

GUYANA OIL: GYSBI denies claims made by local workers

July 21, 2021  Kaieteur News –

The Guyana Shore Base Incorporated (GYSBI) denies the claims that were made by local workers in the company, who voiced several issues that they said they were being faced with.

In a release yesterday, GYSBI responded to the articles stating, that it is not a foreign company and is working hard to improve the lives of its 432 employees and the country of Guyana. Out of the company’s 432 employees, 6% are expat employees and the other 94% are local workers, with Guyanese holding many key senior management positions.

This publication carried two articles over the past week with the headlines: “Locals complain about being paid less than expats for doing the same job at GYSBI” and “Shore base employees fired after complaining.”      Continue reading