Music Video: Guyana-born Andy Nichols -‘Parting is Hard’

DOWN MEMORY LANE – Guyanese Love song:

A really old tune that will bring back memories for those who listened to radio  (Radio Demerara; ZFY) or went to dances and parties in the late 1950’s – early 1960’s. Andy emigrated to Canada and performed at many events in Toronto and other cities.

Do you remember this song?… Comment!

Comments

• kamtanblog  On September 26, 2020 at 7:20 pm

Yep ! Our own “guyanese got talent”
    Can even remember my “girlfriend” at the
    time …65 years ago ! With great nostalgia.

Memories are priceless !

Sometime ah laang time
    We wish we could turn back time !

Kamtan uk-ex-EU

• Patrick E.  On September 27, 2020 at 5:18 pm

Those songs were sung with deep feeling and inspiration. I remember Evie my first love.

• Clyde Duncan  On September 27, 2020 at 6:55 pm

Gregory wrote:

Andy has a regular Gig at a Night Club in Miami, Florida where he now lives. He produces and sells his own CD’s. For a while he performed around the GTA [Toronto], and did GIGS for Weddings and Special Events before moving to the USA. I see him from time to time whenever he visits Toronto.

That’s all I know.

Greg,

• Brenda Tubach.  On September 27, 2020 at 8:58 pm

Danced to his music in Guyana, his sister at school with one of my sisters.

• wally n  On September 28, 2020 at 11:14 am

Remember him from long ago in Georgetown, I have video of two shows he did for us in Scarborough in a train cab/nightclub, in Eglinton I must get busy and convert these videos,

• Lynette Bollers  On September 28, 2020 at 5:23 pm

I do remember dancing to Parting is Hard.It brought tears to my eyes,but you can’t bring back the past.