Guyana: The African-Guyanese woman many Indians wrongly dislike – By Freddie Kissoon

Comments

• Clyde Duncan  On January 10, 2020 at 1:16 pm

This Material has been ARCHIVED: Last updated 24 April, 2004

FURORE OVER RACE BOOK IN GUYANA

BBC CARIBBEAN.com – ARCHIVAL MATERIAL

INDIANS MAKE UP 50 PERCENT OF GUYANA’s POPULATION

Guyana’s Ethnic Relations Commission is conducting an inquiry into a book that has generated one of the fiercest racial debates the country has ever experienced.

THE CYCLE OF RACIAL VIOLENCE IN GUYANA asserts there is a Hindu conspiracy against Afro-Guyanese which springs from a Hindu belief in the domination of others.

Dr Kean Gibson, the author of the 72-page book argues that this domination is reinforced by the caste system.

INDIANS MAKE UP 50 PERCENT OF THE POPULATION IN GUYANA, AND IN THE PAST, TENSION BETWEEN INDIANS AND AFRICANS HAS OFTEN DETERIORATED INTO VERY VIOLENT CLASHES.

The inquiry was demanded by the Indian rights group the Indian Arrival Committee which feels that the book should be censored since it is spreading racial hatred between Guyana’s two main ethnic groups.

Dr Gibson has been praised in some quarters for casting light on the race problem in Guyana.

It has been argued that her work has extended the debate on the race issue in the country and will lead to a much better understanding of this problem.

Hindu monk Swami Askarnadaan told BBC Caribbean Service he feels the study is a clear incitement to anti-Indian activism.

“I think the book is a dangerous political tract, its main objective – it would appear to me – is to set up Indians for slaughter in Guyana,” the Hindu Swami said. “The book is suggesting that Indians are the ones who are stereotyping, oppressing and exploiting Africans.”

Others have pointed out that whatever might be the purpose of the book it is undeniably an African perspective of what some say is Indian oppression and Indians should take careful note of its message.

The book has also been described as a warning of future events and an indication that all is not well in Guyana.

Dr Gibson told BBC Caribbean Service she wrote the book after being offended by the pejorative references to Africans during the 1997 General Elections.

“Africans were being called criminals, murderers and rapists and it disturbed me and I wanted to know why would you call a group of people by those labels and I came to the conclusion that the fundamental problem in Guyana was Hinduism because Hinduism is a religion where racism is sanctified.”

In response to charges that she might be inciting hatred, Dr Gibson said that she was simply pointing out the reality of the Guyanese situation, and her book was an attempt to enlighten black Guyanese.

“I wrote it for blacks to be aware of the ideology that in my view is ruinous to them. Africans are aware that something is wrong but they don’t know how to articulate it.

“I am not causing hate. What I am saying in essence is hate is there. It has started a debate and my book is saying is that if we don’t want a conflagration, we have to have some kind some kind of inclusive government.”

If the Commission of Inquiry finds the book does intend to instigate racial intolerance then it can then be sent to the police who could charge Dr Gibson for inciting racial hatred, a crime which carries stiff penalties.

Some of her critics are calling for her to be put in jail, but she says she is prepared to go to prison if it comes to this.

• Trevor  On January 12, 2020 at 12:28 am

Due to the proliferation of DNA websites, most “Indo-Guyanese” are now considered “mixed race”.

I know personally “Indo-Guyanese” who have discovered that they have half-European aunts and grandparents, and they always felt that they did not belong to the ethnocentric politics, and were more accepting of people who were of different cultures.

But it is unfortunate that when someone with Indo-Asian ancestry is mixed with white, they end up looking like Middle Easterners, and they get harassed often by the anti-Muslim crowd. My friend has already lamented his experiences that most “Indo-Guyanese” do not get from racists.

He is categorised as “multi-racial” because his ancestry has a lot of trace elements from across the globe. He wouldn’t be allowed Indian citizenship under Modi, and thus distances himself from the “Indo-Guyanese” or PPPC clique.

• Veda Nath Mohabir  On January 10, 2020 at 3:14 pm

Only last night I wrote the foll on another thread, fighting back hate from two anti-India/Indian/Hindu regulars, Trevor and Emanuel:

“As a caution [about spreading hate and its consequences] Dr Kean Gibson was censured by the Ethnic Relations Comm of Guyana.

“On December 29, 2006, the Ethnic Relations Commission of Guyana (ERC) issued a decision which agreed with the Indian Arrival Committee’s (IAC) complaint that Dr Gibson’s book, The Cycle of Racial Oppression in Guyana, “peddled and spread racial hatred in Guyana among its principal ethnic groups, and that it had as its central theme that Hindus in Guyana were oppressing Afro-Guyanese.” The commission agreed that “the publication was deeply flawed and profoundly unscientific. And so the work must be regarded as wholly lacking in academic character and as representing nothing further than the personal views, unfortunately distorted and regrettably prejudiced, of a private individual.” As a remedy, the ERC concluded that, in the interest of greater ethnic harmony, public institutions carrying a copy of the publication withdraw it from general public circulation.

“Unfortunately, UWI still awarded her a professorship. But, the Courts in Guyana and elsewhere, or even the Civil Service Comm of Guyana (for Trevor) may/would not be as malleable as UWI. “

This lady wrote illiterate two books and articles berating Hinduism and claiming that those Indians, in government and the community at large, were following Hindu principles which allegedly call for marginalizing and committing genocide on Black people. I joined with a group of respectable academics and senior civil servants to petition UWI over her published views.

I then wrote a self-published book – Under Attack! The Caribbean Indian – Rebutting and Educating UWI’s Dr. Kean Gibson for Vilifying Hindus (2009). I was told earlier last year that Hamilton Green was enquiring (from a friend in Canada whom he called from Guyana) as to where he can get a copy because he heard some university students book discussing the book. Later in a few months I will put the book on the internet as it seems to have currency, as well as, Kean Gibson continues to berate Hindus. Last I heard from Austin’s Bookstore, Georgetown, is that copies are still there.

VedaNM

• Trevor  On January 10, 2020 at 4:40 pm

“Indians think Mark Benschop is racist.”

Of course anyone against Bharat Jagdeo is a hater of “Indians”, even if the AFC has Indo-Guyanese as political leaders and is against Jagdeo.

• Veda Nath Mohabir  On January 11, 2020 at 12:15 am

It is not surprising that Freddie Kissoon would say Indians ‘wrongly dislike Kean Gibson’.

As the ERC’s decision shows Kissoon is unfortunately unfamiliar with what Gibson says of Indians and Hinduism. Besides, his numerous attacks against perhaps the most known Hindu monk in Guyana, Swami Aksharanada PhD, in the lead-up to last elections show that he, like Gibson, is under-informed about Hinduism. Having parents who were Hindu doesn’t make one informed on Hindu philosophy. One has to fervently seek out scholars/learned people, as well, must acquaint oneself with the subjects comprising the philosophy.

Hinduism is the most complex philosophy (far beyond a religion out there) Firstly, because it has no founder, or is not founded around anyone. Secondly, it is a cosmic philosophy. Many Quantum physicists (e.g., Oppenheimer, Heisenberg, Frijof Capra, CERN) and astrophysicist Carl Sagan see the parallels of Hindu thought with Particle Physics, Einstein’s Space-Time Relativity and age of the universe.

When Oppenheimer tested the Atomic bomb, the sight had such a powerful effect causing him to recite a verse from the Bhagavad Gita (which he was obviously very familiar with) where Krishna allowed Arjuna a brief vision of His cosmic self (the God-head, Brahman).

Then, there are the American Transcendentalists such as Thoreau and Emerson. Thoreau writes in Walden “In the morning I bathe my intellect in the stupendous and cosmogonal philosophy of the Bhagvat Geeta [Lord Krisna’s teachings] since whose composition years of the gods have elapsed, and in comparison with which our modern world and its literature seem puny and trivial;…”

Gibson, on the other hand calls Krishna “blood thirsty”.

So with this high level of Hindu thought – akin to the highest level of modern cosmic scientific findings – is why the “puny” minds of Gibson, Kissoon (and Clem Seecharan also) misunderstand the “stupendous and cosmogonal philosophy of the Bhagvat Geeta”.

(Kean Gibson, Freddie Kissoon and Clem Seecharan are three Guyanese whose writings instigate the most danger for Indian security.)

Secondly, with Kissoon having a Muslim wife – Islam (and Christianity) vis a vis Hinduism are like ‘chalk and cheese’. The former are literal philosophies, based on saviour/founders, whereas as already shown, Hinduism can be properly taught mostly through allegories (hence numerous ‘gods and goddeses’- deities representing natural and cosmic forces). How does one explain Space-Time or God particle? Similarly, how does one explain Vedanta, the nature of the Atman (literally, the soul), Karma/Reincarnation and Brahman (the God-head)? Or Dharma (which Gibson illiterately defies as “inequality”).

Hinduism’s proper name is Sanatan Dharma (Eternal, like the universe, Dharma). Dharma is derived from the Sanskrit root “dhr”, ‘to hold together’, hence that which holds the universe together; and what defines our individual roles in society consistent with ‘the holding together’ of the universe.

Re Benschop.
    Kissoon: “Indians think Mark Benschop is racist. He is not. I know him. He is my friend.”
    Clearly he hasn’t read Eusi Kwayana’s The Morning After (“the warning of an impending coup d’etat in Guyana – Horace Campbell’s Foreword)

In Chapter 2 (pp 31-32) – The Political MASTERMINDS and the DESTRUCTION they achieved. And, under the first section heading: “TWO of the Political MASTERMINDS, Kwayana names Ronald WADDELL and Mark BENSCHOP. He writes:
    “I am concentrating on the two whose public actions and statements pointed most directly to the events which developed. It is important to say in writing that the rhetoric of these men made them at least the ideological tutors of the most forcible action against the [PPPC] government. Both were talk-show hosts at the time – MARK BENSCHOP, host of Straight-Up and Ronald WADDELL, host of University on Nine…Waddell and Benschop had what Africans were looking for.”

“Strangely enough Mark BENSCHOP…spent most of his time on a pro-PPP television. His switch, NOT for a profound political reason, but for refusing to apologize to the President, MADE HIM A HERO. He is one of those young men with a visible spirit of defiance,..”

Kwayana then went on to talk about Waddell as a candidate for PNC/R in 2001 who made “the crudest threat in times of peace” against Indians who voted for the PPPC, likening the threat made by Africans against each other in Rwanda.

In several Kissoon’s writings he praises these two individuals while, as we see, Kwayana (and Indians) view them as dangerous individuals.

VNM.

• Ken Persaud  On January 11, 2020 at 3:54 am

Mr Mohabir, I have only recently been visiting this blog. I have read some of your comments.

You seem passionate about your religion and you also come across as singular-minded in your passion. There is nothing wrong with that. But you must also show some respect for those who don’t share your views.

From your comments, you seem inclined to prove others wrong. That is not a good thing. I think you should be more respectful because, after all, you may be wrong.

Ken.

PS: You don’t have to respond to my message. I’m not interested in you giving me a lecture. Thank you.

• Trevor  On January 11, 2020 at 1:45 pm

If I come on here telling everyone to convert to Christianity, or stating that my religion is superior and you cannot criticise my religion or culture or else I will report you to the Mods, I would be seen as a mad man.

• Kman  On January 11, 2020 at 2:45 pm

My thoughts about Mr. Mohabir. Live and let live, respect one another, and have respect for each other religion or non religion.

The cause of wars is that each side thinks they are right, with no respect for one another, hence conflict.

• Veda Nath Mohabir  On January 11, 2020 at 8:37 am

Respect for what, specifically, Ken Persaud?

VNM

• Veda Nath Mohabir  On January 11, 2020 at 9:36 am

Besides, are you also MIKE Persaud who wrote me back on May 9/15 calling me an IDIOT because I defended Sw Aksharanada against Kissoon’s barrage of articles/letters?

Mike Persaud wrote:

‘After reviewing your past letters/writings’, (just as you write above), then concluded

“Gosh, you are an idiot like that other idiot – ravi dev”.

VNM

• Ken Persaud  On January 11, 2020 at 3:27 pm

Mr Mohabir, for your information, sorry to disappoint you, I am not Mike Persaud.
      I am Ken Persaud.

Besides, I don’t use name-calling to diminish others. Perhaps you do. I’d suggest that you contact the other figure in question to discuss why he called you an “idiot “. I will never call you or anyone else an idiot.

You should apologise for that insinuation

Ken.

• Trevor  On January 11, 2020 at 3:30 pm

Ken Persaud,

You got to be careful how you respond to Veda, because he runs to the Mods and tries to get people banned for speaking the truth about racism in Guyana against African-Guyanese brothers and sisters.

• Veda Nath Mohabir  On January 11, 2020 at 2:32 pm

You still fail to read well, Trevor. You like the other fella, KEN & MIKE PERSAUD, who just got caught using two psuedonys to put me down don’t comprehend well.

Hinduism is pilloried by Kean Gibson, Freddie Kissoon, Clem Seecharan, and in may churches and mosques (yes that is partly how all Indians who are not Hindu became so, when they weren’t being tortured as in Goa by the Catholic Church’s Inquistion or by rabid Muslim invaders of India at the risk of their heads cut off) and I come out and defend it by providing learned scientists and other scholars’ views and you read me as saying it is “superior” and out to “convert” you.

Get wise!

VNM

• Trevor  On January 11, 2020 at 3:26 pm

If you’ve read the story of Dr. Gibson, she was upset that PPPC supporters were hurling racial slurs against Afro-Guyanese.

She was just highlighting hypocrisy and the truth of how some of the PPPC supporters think. She didn’t disparage the entire Hindu religion. She has lamented that the PPPC supporters who were yelling quasi-American slurs like “n***er”, “baboon”, “ferals”, etc adopted this from the Indian caste system which worships white bodies and could care less for the “dalits” who are “Southern Indians” and have the similar ‘complexion’ to “Afro-Guyanese”.

Her argument was that the Indian caste system which the PPPC supporters have adopted in Guyana have contributed to racial tensions against darker complexion people, including Guyanese who have “Madrasi” heritage (Southern Indians).

• guyaneseonline  On January 11, 2020 at 3:49 pm

To VEDA, TREVOR. KEN and Others…

Be like Kman who commented above:

I do not want to limit discussion or controversy.
    I do not want to ban anyone from this blog.
    HOWEVER
    Be aware that I will NOT allow personal insults and foul language in comments.
    Focus on the subject matter.

Moderator

• Trevor  On January 11, 2020 at 3:56 pm

There was harassment of PNC voters during the 1997 elections, and Dr. Kean Gibson was herself a victim of “anti-Black” slurs by PPP voters. She isn’t wrong to lament her experiences. She has not targeted an identifiable group and she was hauled in the ERC for trivial reasons.

• Emanuel  On January 11, 2020 at 10:53 pm

Dr Kean Gibson is a national hero.

• Veda Nath Mohabir  On January 11, 2020 at 9:29 pm

Moderator: You haven’t read what I wrote carefully. I AM DEFENDING HINDUISM FIRMLY. from attacks by Kean Gibson and unfounded statements by Freddie Kissoon. Where did I name call anyone?

Don’t get caught up just because others can’t read/comprehend well.

Where did I interfere with anyone living?

You are free to Ban me, as I WON’T CHANGE MY DEFENCE of HINDUISM AND INDIANS.

I Write books. This is not my life as it is with others with nothing else to do but troll me because I stand up up fir Hindusism and Indians.
    Banning me will free me up to concentrate on my books/articles/letters, etc

VNM

• Emanuel  On January 11, 2020 at 11:04 pm

What do you call it when you label Trevor as someone with “restricted intellect “? Or not operating with a full deck.

In the above comment, you continue to berate the English comprehension of your fellow visitors to the site.

The Moderator recently scolded me and Trevor but gave you a free pass. It’d good for this forum if he Mod bans you for a year.

Emanuel.

• guyaneseonline  On January 12, 2020 at 12:11 am

Emmanuel:

I would like you and everyone on this blog to stop this tit for tat now…. Please let us move on.

Thanks…
        Moderator

• Trevor  On January 12, 2020 at 12:24 am

I only condemn political figures and not private individuals. Most of the comments which were removed were criticising politicians like Jagdeo, Ramotar and others. It is not civilised to attack private individuals, unlike the PPP who went after and terrorised private citizens like Christopher Ram and others for writing letters in the Stabroek News.

I believe that politicians are fair game to condemn, mock and criticise. Unlike the opposition, I do not engage in mudslinging of private individuals, even if they hold allegiance towards political viewpoints.

• Trevor  On January 12, 2020 at 12:40 am

The misconception with “racial politics” is that many of us, so-called “Indo” and “Afro” Guyanese, are actually mixed away, and we would never be accepted in our so-called “birthplace of our ancestors” due to ethnocentrism and cultural differences.

Many “Indo-Guyanese” have discovered that they are mixed with lots of different cultures due to settlements in Goa, Pondicherry, Dutch trading posts with Indonesia and Bengal, and also British men marrying Indian women.

Likewise, my African-American brethren have had at least one Native American or European ancestor in their lineage.

Therefore, to show “patriotism” to countries which would never accept us, is nothing but delusions.

Before Guyana discovered oil, many Indians looked down on “Indo-Guyanese”, especially those who would be considered “dalits” in their homeland of India.

Always remember this before pledging allegiance to distant countries we never heard of when we were born. Our ancestors were sold off to the colonialists, while the locals did nothing or even encouraged it.

We are an entirely new type of people. Why hold on to the Old World?

• Veda Nath Mohabir  On January 12, 2020 at 10:52 am

Moderator/Cyril
    You, swayed by the trolls on this blog, cautioned me with banning because I push-back, firmly, at said trolls who lacerate my ancestral country, India as the “gutter” and “shit-hole”; and smear Indians/Hindus for coming to Guyana as ‘gutter rats’, starving, barefooted, robbers, fleecers and swindlers of Afro-Guyanese; now running to Guyana to be ‘wannabe-oil sheiks’; while others run to USA/Canada hidden in party coolers, living 20 in a basement room; take out huge mortgages to buy multi-storied buildings but are unable to pay the heating bills so they can be found in commercial malls during the daytime to heat their bodies in winter, etc., etc.

Also, please let them know that only on ONE occasion, a week ago, that I ever contacted you about their smears/berating getting over-bearing, and you ought to intervene.

But, I also want to draw your attention to how major Guyanese newspapers view my very same writings that is seen offensive here.

Here KN published my letter re Kissoon-Kean Gibson (published just 12 hours after I sent it, yesterday). They even chose to add the last para that was sent separately for information purposes only.

Then, just two weeks ago SN published me acidly critical of a major India politician and UN Under Secty during Kofi Anan, Shashi Tharoor.
    Tharoor and his Congress Party have been leading a highly partisan violent attack on Prime Minister Modi in various parts of India. The letter explains.

The point about sending you these published Letters to the Editor is that these major dailies see nothing wrong in my writings, but on this blog, it is almost criminal to publish them.

I will address the trolls later.

VedaNM

• guyaneseonline  On January 12, 2020 at 12:01 pm

VEDA:
      You wrote:

“The point about sending you these published Letters to the Editor is that these major dailies see nothing wrong in my writings, but on this blog, it is almost criminal to publish them”.
      “I will address the trolls later”.

CORRECTION:
      It is NOT criminal to publish your ideas and writings on this blog. I have never edited your entries and have not swayed you in any way so I do not understand why you have made the above statement.
      I have also never told you that you will be banned or blocked on this blog site because of your beliefs or writings.

All I was asking you and the others involved was to stop the arguments and personal attacks as they were were negative and did not enhance the positive image I have established for this website.

Hope you get my drift… No need to address the trolls and continue the tit-for-tat exchanges.

Thank You for your co-operation in this matter.
      Moderator/Cyril

• Ramesh  On January 12, 2020 at 3:00 pm

I read the comments on this blog regularly because it is natural since I am Guyanese. I thank you Mr Cyril for making this possible.

I seldom post comments, mainly, because I am busy raising a family and paying the bills.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but should be sensitive to those of others.

I agree with you that personal insults should be kept out.Posters should stick to the subject matter and not use it to purposely
        promote an ideology or a religion or any other similar interests. They should strive to maintain civil discourse with the natural right to respectfully defend their arguments.

Anyway, Cyril, keep up the good work.

Ramesh.

• Veda Nath Mohabir  On January 12, 2020 at 3:33 pm

Cyril: When I wrote about “these major dailies see nothing wrong in my writings, but on this blog is almost criminal to publish them” it was not meant for you as much as for the “trolls” who view the writings as such, including people like Emanuel who don’t understand that the word “restricted” means “held back”.

Or, the Newbie to these debates, Mike Persaud, scolding me and asking me to apologize to him (for writing exactly, in style, context and related topic as another, Ken Persaud, who called me an “Idot” in an email); and insinuating that my writings are “disrespectful” l and that I am “inclined to prove others wrong”, that I “should be more respectful” and “But you must also show some respect for those who don’t share your views.

“Inclined to prove others wrong”??? What does this Newbie “restricted Intellect” think a debate is about; Especially with people who have no understanding of Hinduism (like Kean Gibson) and mock and berate it along with its followers, Indians/Indo-Guys. Respect for haters??? I’m NO Gandhi; I don’t turn my cheek to those dedicated to harm me.

This Mike Persaud (as he maintains he is) OWES ME AN APOLOGY! He seems to be here also to gain popularity, by slamming the only Indian here willing to lift his head up and take on the Indian/Hindu haters.
    ……………………………………

Here are some examples of hate/racism along with what I earlier published. It is provided because you said you weren’t following all posts. You will be surprised how crass and smearing some are.

BENHUR, August 8, 2019 at 11:40 am
    Veda , … Yes the Guyanese Canadians are the biggest fakes who put their big house and their big fake life on Facebook but can’t afford to heat their home and so spend their time in mall food [court] because they can’t afford to eat. properly.

• TREVOR, August 8, 2019 at 1:30 pm
    Only those who are pushing drugs or doing organised crime could afford a house in Canada. It’s over $1,000,000 Canadian dollars to buy a bungalow made of plywood which costs $5,000 in property tax and another $5,000 in heating costs every year.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if the PPP/C money laundermats own house in Toronto or Vancouver. I’ve heard of several Indo-Guyanese owning large mansions in Miami and Connecticut, but they are suspected criminal elements of pushing drugs.”

TREVOR, August 8, 2019 at 1:25 pm
    “Indo-Guyanese portray themselves as saints, go to Mandir every Friday night, wear Indian clothing, and copycat caste system, but in the closet, they facilitate… drugs trade, launder money for PPP gov’t officials, discriminate against those who are not considered Indian, finance death squads…”

Veda Nath Mohabir, August 8, 2019 at 2:48 pm
    Benhur writes: “Yes the same people who build 5 star Mandir and talk about people because they feel they are super although they ca.me from logee and mud hut and bus.”
    I Can’t figure what you mean by “talk about people” and “bus”
    I lived in a logee and mud hut till I was 8. What does that make me?
    [sarcastically] Thank God your [Benhur] folks, on arrival in BrGuiana didn’t have to live like that. They probably went to Guyana in Suits, ties and shoes on their feet with Gucci bags and lived in concrete two-storied houses.
    My [Veda] folks were downgraded and were placed in the logies and mud huts because they were taken, after all, from India – so they didn’t deserve better.
    VNM

Here are three quick Comments about me, Note, especially Emanuel’s comment that I need “Medical Help”. Other times he is more specific “Psychological Help” :
    Benhur On August 10, 2019 at 3:36 am
    Get a Life!
    o Emanuel On August 10, 2019 at 5:42 am
    He needs medical help.
    kamtanblog On August 10, 2019 at 4:32 am
    Agree
    Let’s move forward ……

Here is one person who came out to be objective:

REALIST, August 5, 2019 at 8:43 pm
    It is disgraceful to see Trevor’s very disrespectful comments on Indian/Hindu Civilisation. It is clearly due to ignorance. Chickree’s article does not make any particular case about Hindutva spreading to Guyana in its approach to other groups. Much ado about nothing.”

Reference: Ray Chickerie’s GuyOnline July 29/19 article slammnig India’s Hindu Prime Minster, N. Modi and his supporters. This debate went on for about two weeks.

…………………………………………………………
    Finally, Cyril, by you writing:

To VEDA, TREVOR. KEN and Others…
    Be like Kman who commented above:
    …..I do not want to ban anyone from this blog.
    HOWEVER
    Be aware that I will NOT allow personal insults and foul language in comments.”

That shows that you put me in the same league as these overt racists; and that you are holding the “ban” as an option over me. Doesn’t bother me!

Note again: I haven’t bashed anybody’s religion. I contrasted mine to others, so the haters will learn about it. But the “restricted intellects” understand the opposite because, like Kean Gibson and Newbie, Mike Persaud, it is convenient to blame the one out of favour, or different.

Fortunately, Kaitieur News and Stabroek News, on the otherhand, have ‘UNrestricted intellects’, at least as far as my writings go.

As I said before: Banning me is NO loss but a gain, a saving, in time for me.
    As long as I have posting privileges I will defend my Indian ancestry and religion.

PS. How long the Newbie, Mike Persaud, doesn’t apologize for his errant attack on me, he joins the IGNORED list.

VedaNM

• Trevor  On January 12, 2020 at 6:33 pm

India has over 1,000 tribes, 100 languages and dozens of religions. Hinduism isn’t only in India. Asian countries like Cambodia, Vietnam, Nepal, and some parts of China have been influenced by Hinduism before it was turned into a tool of supremacy under Modi and Hindutva. Cambodia has lots of Hindu temples and monks who know the Hindu scriptures, and they are more tolerant than those who proclaim that they are religious in India.

Dr. Kean Gibson did not target the monks in Cambodia, but focused on how some people in Guyana, the PPPC supporters, use Hinduism as a justification to spread hate towards “Afro-Guyanese”.

• guyaneseonline  On January 12, 2020 at 7:24 pm

OK Trevor… Enough on this subject relating to Hindus.
      Thank you for co-operating.

• Emanuel  On January 12, 2020 at 7:52 pm

Mr Moderator, please don’t over moderate. If you are going to tell Trevor enough on Hinduism, you must also tell Veda the Hindu obsessor the same. Trevor is only exercising his freedom of speech. Thank you.

Emanuel.

• Trevor  On January 12, 2020 at 9:37 pm

Dr. Gibson was hauled into the ERC because of writing about Hindus, so I understand the reasons why…

So no critical remarks of Arab Sheikhs abusing non-Arabs, Hindutva, and India?

• Trevor  On January 12, 2020 at 9:40 pm

Emanuel, one of my “Indo-Guyanese” friends studying in Canada is right: Some type of Guyanese people do not envision a post-oil Guyana with certain groups of people. They don’t want to share the oil monies with anyone but themselves.

He has been lurking on these websites, and he has told me that the same Guyanese who are complaining of what I write, would stay quiet if they were accosted on the streets by the Eastern European skin head “nationalist”.

There are videos on YouTube and Facebook with an increase in “anti-Black” slurs coming from the PPPC.

As one mature lady told me at Stabroek Market: “Dat oil should have neva been discovered!”

The PPPC wants that oil hook or crook.

• Emanuel  On January 12, 2020 at 10:06 pm

The PPPC must not get their dirty hands in the public trough. That would be a disaster of calamitous proportions and it would rob the people of Guyana blind. It would be like letting the mongoose guard the baby chickens.

Emanuel.

• Veda Nath Mohabir  On January 12, 2020 at 10:30 pm

Talk about taking coal to Newcastle. Here is Trevor teaching me about where Hinduism is/was, when I am the one who first revealed it to him in the very reference in my last post where he and his buddies made the outlandish charges about Indians/Hindus.

I wrote (see link): “…the whole East/ South East was Hindu until Buddhism and the Islam moved in. In Vietnam, the earliest religion of the Cham people was Hinduism (Champa is a Hindu name). The largest Hindu temple compound in the world is that of Angor Wat in Cambodia. The Thai kings officially belong to the Rama dynasty. The furthest still Hindu enclave in SE Asia is in Bali (which was bombed by Islamists) Oct 11, 2002 killing 200. So the people to fear are these Islamist, yet Chickerie and the uninformed coconut, Ramkarran, switch to the bogeyman, the age-old relatively peaceful Hindus.”

Trevor just looked back at my postings but didn’t memorize them properly.

Repeat after me a few times, Trevor, so it will stick and we won’t have to go back over it another time:
    “Hinduism is NO longer in Cambodia, and East/South E. Asia (except Bali). It was replaced by Buddhism !”

Secondly, the topic of that thread was Shia Muslim (supporter of Iran’s theocracy), Ray Chickerie’s assault on India’s Hindu PM, Narendra Modi. So, Trevor, like his buddies, who are diehard Indian/Hindu-haters were exuberant when Chickerie laid out his baseless venom on Mr. Modi.

Trevor: Reread the many explanations/lessons on Hinduism, Hindutva, RSS, etc which I took two weeks to layout. If you approach the learning with an open mind you assuredly will become wiser; then you will be able to impart the knowledge to Kean Gibson who needs the lessons just as badly as you and your buddies do.

VNM

• Trevor  On January 12, 2020 at 11:37 pm

Cambodia has the largest religious monument in the world, which is a Hindu temple, and it’s amazing how it was constructed…Do you have any knowledge how this was built? It is way ahead of its time in terms of construction:

I just want to know how this temple was built, and if it has any connections to the Pyramids in Egypt.

• Veda Nath Mohabir  On January 13, 2020 at 10:23 am

Trevor: I don’t know how they did it. When you dig into the history, architecture, technology, etc of these constructions you are entering a ‘rabbit hole’ – you will be mesmerized. I got mesmerized in the 70’s when I saw Westerner scholars talking about the science in Hindu thought, such as in the Tao of Physics which draws parallels with modern scientific findings and Hindu philosophy (alluded to earlier).

This is what got me interested in Hindu thought. The Hindu ideas are a huge tent of the philosophies of Enlightenment, Yoga, Aryuveda – Health matters – Cosmology/Astronomy, Political Economy, technology (as in the constructions) and for example drilling teeth from the back, 7,000 years ago, etc, etc .

In the Ramayana, there is an interplanetary travelling sage, Narada. Then, there is an ‘airplane’, the Vimana…In the Mahabharata, there are cosmic weapons. Even Oppenheimer, when asked about whether the Atomic bomb which development and testing he oversaw, left the door open that such weapons may have been used in the Mahabharata war.

But getting back to the matter at hand, right now many modern huge Hindu temples around the world, eg., England, USA, Canada are built without any metal, only cut stone. And, the stones are cut and shaped abroad, I believe some from Italy, et al (haven’t looked into it) and thes transported to the temple sites, then fitted together.

There are other sites in SE Asia which have similar huge Hindu/Buddhist temples such as Parabraman, Indonesia

There is much, more to Angor Wat. Here is an article by a Prof Subhas Kak (met him once in Toronto at a forum) dealing with the cosmological and astronomical aspects of Angor Wat. The complex including surrounding land is immense.

Click to access ang3.pdf

Then there is the Ajanta and Elephanta caves.
    I saw Elephanta, a temple cut out solid rock.
    VNM

• Trevor  On January 13, 2020 at 1:23 pm

Thanks for sharing. As you can see, ancient civilisations and construction are two topics of interest for me.

I believe that my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ had once visited India, which was why I only criticised the humans rather than the religion.

Again, I only criticise hypocrites. I am open-minded when it comes to stories such as a bridge that connects India to Sri Lanka, or the chariots that are mentioned in the Scriptures.

I am also interested in the story of the Himalayas and how gurus would reach stages of “enlightenment” in caves, and reaching contact with “outer beings”. As someone who believes that “de herbs” can have magical powers, I have interest in such topics.

But modern human beings and organised religion—No thanks…

• Veda Nath Mohabir  On January 13, 2020 at 2:38 pm

Trevor: “Dr. Gibson could also learn of the ancient Israel and India connection, and this might help Guyanese as a whole heal from the “us versus them” and viewing Eastern religions in a negative light.”

So, Check this out. I believe I may have posted about it already, in the past. Louis Jacolliot (Black & White mixture) was a colonial French High Court judge in India. He wrote this book back in 1867, The Bible in India, meaning the basis of all Judaism and Christian is Hinduism. Jews left India (I’m sure I dealt with this already) and Jesus’ life is based on Krishna

Not only the religions, but the laws also reflect the Hindu Laws of Manu.

Then there is a recent book by Jewish author, Barry Brown. He writes:

“Seven years ago, I read a quote from Aristotle claiming the ancestors of the Jews — the Hebrew people of the early Bible — came to the Middle East from ancient India. I began investigating and found all the evidence agreed with Aristotle. According to ancient Jewish authorities, the land where the Biblical Eden was located — Havilah — was ancient India.”

So, not only the East/SE Asian countries have Hindu culture origins, but so too the West.
    There is much more evidence that I am putting into a book (if I can get down to it) to show the Indian influence, East and West.

VNM

• Trevor  On January 13, 2020 at 6:46 pm

Colombia has an ancient Hindu temple…Interesting.

• Veda Nath Mohabir  On January 14, 2020 at 12:39 am

The eagle/Garuda he talks about is the vehicle of Lord Vishnu

“Garuda is a legendary bird or bird-like creature in Hindu, Buddhist and Jain mythology. He is variously the vehicle mount (vahana) of the Hindu god Vishnu, a dharma-protector …
    “Garuda is a part of state insignia in India, Myanmar, Thailand, Cambodia and Indonesia. The Indonesian official coat of arms is centered on the Garuda. The national emblem of Indonesia is called Garuda Pancasila.
    As well, the Indonesian official airline is called Garuda.

So, we see that Garuda is highly regarded in countries which have/had a Hindu heritage. Probably, that is why it appears in Columbia, if Hindus were there.
    Incidentally, in the movie Avatar, we see many bird-like creatures acting as vehicles to warriors. The director said in an interview that he borrowed many ideas from Hindu mythology and used some Sanskrit names, too. I recognized a few.

Few months ago I saw an interview with Hare Krishna workers in Columbia (I think) where it was disclosed that a major language there has 1,000 words with Sanskrit origins.
    I believe I posted it on a thread. When I find I will repost.

If you look at the temples in South/Latin America they seem very similar to those in South India. So indeed, the Hindus would have had to be there several thousand years ago.

Sea travel was well established in ancient India. In fact, the word ‘navigation’ is derived from Sanskrit ‘navigat’.

VNM

• Veda Nath Mohabir  On January 14, 2020 at 10:52 am

Trevor: Here is the discussion about the Quechua language, spoken in Columbia, Peru and Bolivia having 1,000 Sanskrit-based words. Note that the host, Rajiv Malhotra is the same person who interviewed the Black Ghanian Hindus who had attended a World congregation of Hindus.

The word “Adivasis” means the original, native peoples.

Also, at the very end the question arises of the origins of these natives. It is proposed that they arrived from Asia (across the Bering strait) . But more than that, they have a story that is clearly the Hindu Ramayana epic-based, where a Princess (Sita, wife of Rama) is abducted and the bears and monkeys rescue her. These ‘bears and monkeys’ are among the Ramayana characters!

So, this validates what Praveen Mohan found in video you posted.

VNM

• Trevor  On January 14, 2020 at 7:41 pm

What surprises me is that the Amerindians in Colombia know of the Hindu stories, though they likely don’t have access to the internet or interest in outside beliefs such as Abrahamic or Eastern religions.

They knew of the Vedic stories at a time when there was no internet, and some tribes don’t have access to the internet to this day!

• Veda Nath Mohabir  On January 14, 2020 at 9:55 pm

Trevor: If you look back at your video by Praveen Mohan at the 6:55 min mark, where the talks with a shopkeeper you will see the shopkeeper says that the statute Mohan was discussing came from a culture 5,000 years ago. Later he says archaeologists agree that Indians travelled to many places around the world.

After the 10 min mark he shows evidence of a park with numerous statues of the Hindu deity Lord Shiva, which could have been the location of a temple or place of worship.

The video I posted tells of 1,000 Sanskrit-based words in the Quechua language. That can only happen if Sanskrit-speakers were there millennia ago.

I also remarked that the temples in Latin America are architecturally similar to those in South India with a broad base and sloping upwards,

The conclusion can only be that Indians/Hindus physically travelled and lived in Latin/South America.

Veda

• Veda Nath Mohabir  On January 19, 2020 at 4:33 pm

Excerpts from Freddie Kissoon’s Jan 19/20 article:

DAVID GRANGER EPITOMISES THE INHERENT FLAWS OF HOMO SAPIENS

“David Granger was trained in history and has written books on aspects of Guyanese history. He should be equipped intellectually to understand the pitfalls of the past that a ruler should and must avoid.”
    “At the launching of his party’s 2020 election rally, he used the word “nonsense” to describe the existence of the clause of the no-confidence motion (NCM) in the constitution, and promised the nation to remove it. People never learn from history, but look of all people who turn their backs on the guidelines history offer – a ruler schooled in history.

“Nothing personal, but my opinion is that David Granger is not intellectually finessed.
    …………………….
    So, here’s Kissoon criticizing Pres. Granger’s intellect – “DAVID GRANGER IS NOT INTELLECTUALLY FINESSED.

I did exactly the same about the trolls on this thread/blog but I get pilloried for describing them as “intellectually restricted”.

Kissoon went even further claiming that Granger is the perfect example of a human failing!

Suggest the trolls complain to (or picket) KN’s editor about Kissoon’s outrageous characterization.

VNM.

• Emanuel  On January 19, 2020 at 6:07 pm

Veda, referring to Kissoon brags: “I did exactly the same about the trolls on this thread/blog but I get pilloried for describing them as “intellectually restricted.”

Why are you still labeling people as “trolls” who are “intellectually restricted “? Name calling is could get you banned. Are you smarter and better than everyone else?

Give it a rest, old man.

Emanuel.

• Veda Nath Mohabir  On January 19, 2020 at 4:37 pm

Forgot what the ‘human failing’ Kissoon says is, and the link, as follows

DAVID GRANGER EPITOMISES THE INHERENT FLAWS OF HOMO SAPIENS