WASHINGTON,  (Reuters) – U.S. cities expecting to be hit by a wave of immigration raids intended to deport recently arrived families who are in the United States illegally said today they would not cooperate with federal authorities.

In a call with reporters earlier this week, Mark Morgan, the acting director of the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said the agency would target for deportation families that have received a removal order from a U.S. immigration court.

The Washington Post reported today that the operation is slated to launch on Sunday and is expected to target up to 2,000 families facing deportation orders in as many as 10 U.S. cities, including Houston, Chicago, Miami and Los Angeles.  Continue reading