Daily Archives: 04/26/2016

“Guyana Means Business” Investment Conference – New York – June 10, 2016

investors conference

You are invited to

“Guyana Means Business”

Investment Conference

Friday, June 10, 2016

at 9:00 am to 5:00 pm

Harvard Club of New York City

35 West 44th St., New York, NY 10036 

www.GuyanaInvestors.com

Download flyer: Guyana Investment Conference INFO

Guyana– Latest News from various sources – April 26, 2016

GUYANA – LATEST NEWS – 26 April 2016 – Kaieteur News

         (see other News sources at the end of this entry)

Global Poverty and Inequality – By Dr. Dhanpaul Narine

Global Poverty and Inequality – By Dr. Dhanpaul Narine

Dr. Dhanpaul Narine2

Dr. Dhanpaul Narine

Be poor among the poor. Poverty in the midst of plenty is an anomaly of our time. The rise of pauperism alongside the glint of skyscrapers calls for action. If the world’s one percent would pay heed to the words of Pope Francis then poverty may not be as widespread as it is today.

The revelations in the Panama Papers have led many to pause and take stock about where society is heading. There was the growing feeling, even before the revelations, that the gulf between the rich and the poor was widening.  It is no secret that the richest 1 percent is close to overtaking the other 99 percent on the planet. What that means in practical terms is that more than a billion people live on less than $1.25 per day and that 1 in 10 do not have enough to eat.

Read more: Global Poverty and Inequality – By Dr. Dhanpaul Narine

Britain- London’s property woes are getting worse

London’s property woes are getting worse

Faulty land-use regulation is throttling the capital

Apr 25th 2016 – The Economist

londonAT FIRST glance London looks unstoppable. It is the most important city in Europe, perhaps the world. In the past decade its economy has grown twice as fast as Britain’s and its population 50% faster. Scratch the surface, however, and its situation looks less good. The motor of the British economy is becoming less productive and more unequal. The fundamental problem is how land is used and regulated.

Over the last full economic cycle, from 1993 to 2008, the cost of a hectare of residential land in London increased by more than 300% in real terms, to more than £8m ($15m). Commercial-property prices rocketed up as well. Now less-productive industries are moving out. The supply of floor space put to industrial uses such as factories and warehousing has fallen by half in the past five years, suggest data from JLL, a property firm. At the same time London’s population is growing more skilled. Over the past decade the proportion of people with university degrees has increased much more quickly inside the capital than outside it.  Continue reading

Millennials Poll Shows Sanders’ Revolution Reshaping US Electorate

Millennials Poll Shows Sanders’ Revolution Reshaping US Electorate

“He’s not moving a party to the left. He’s moving a generation to the left,” says pollster

By Deirdre Fulton, staff writer 1- Monday, April 25, 2016 by Common Dreams

sanders

Bernie Sanders revved up the crowd at Penn State University last week.

Bernie Sanders is changing the face of American politics, a new poll from Harvard’s Institute of Politics suggests.

According to the survey released Monday, Sanders remains the most popular presidential candidate for so-called millennials between the ages of 18-29, 54 percent of whom view him favorably, compared to 31 percent who harbor unfavorable views.

Just 37 percent of respondents say they see Sanders rival Hillary Clinton favorably, compared to 53 percent who do not.  Continue reading

Guyana Government News Brief – April 25, 2016 – GINA video

GINA Guyana Government News Brief – April 25, 2016

%d bloggers like this: