Michael Moore’s New Movie Tells Americans: Pack Your Bags for Europe

Michael Moore’s New Movie Tells Americans: Pack Your Bags for Europe

A documentary based on the benefits of invading other countries sounds like an unlikely premise for Michael Moore, the controversial filmmaker and antiwar activist who slammed the U.S. invasion of Iraq a decade ago in Fahrenheit 9/11. But his latest movie, Where to Invade Next, relies on the concept of a metaphorical, not a physical, attack.

Moore, parading as a one-man army representing the United States, goes on a quest to gather the most effective ideas and policies from nations around the world. From the factories of Italy to the public schools of Finland and the prisons of Norway, Moore uses his so-called invasions to show how America might learn from the success and efficiency of others. After each visit with business leaders, law enforcement officers, and politicians, the Oscar-winning auteur plants the American flag on foreign soil and declares liberation.

Comments

• De castro  On 12/27/2015 at 2:47 am

To Cyril Bryan and all his followers and bloggers on
    GOL guyaneseonline

HAPPY 2016 and beyond.

Michael Moore’s new movie

WHERE TO INVADE NEXT

is a must see movie…..don’t miss out

Have followed michael Moore writings for years….entertaining !

• Gigi  On 12/27/2015 at 12:26 pm

I clicked on the link and all I got was yahoo news page but no story. Who disappeared the story?

Hmmm…. So, just when Michael Moore is telling Americans to invade Europe, the American govt has Europe invaded by Syrians and Africans to deter their tax base from fleeing. Let’s face it, neither the rich nor the poor pay enough taxes, only the middle class does and they are the ones who will likely flee. But would they want to do so now?

On another topic…. the other day I met a young Hispanic woman while waiting to leave for VA. She was heading to MD. We got to talking and she asked me where I was from and I told her here, as in NY. She said “Oh, you look like Latin American.” I then realized she was asking where I was originally from and told her Guyana. Then I asked her the same question. She replied Venezuela. I immediately broke out into a big smile and told her our countries were neighbours. But her face took on this sheepish, uncomfortable expression and she nodded. I sensed why this was so I said, “oh, we love Venezuela!” And I was being very truthful. I went on to tell her that I was from Essequibo, the disputed region and that we are hoping that this time we will finally become part of Venezuela. She give me a genuine smile of relief. We then went on to talk a bit about Venezuela’s politics, food, culture, the English language (she was taking ELL classes), and at length about our American adjustment until it was time to depart and we went our separate ways. I wish I could meet more Venezuelans to share with them our desire to belong to Venezuela.

• De castro  On 12/27/2015 at 4:18 pm

Gigi
      There you go again…..middle class pay most taxes…..
      Poor and rich do not pay enough….come on.!

Nonsenses…….most in developed world are “working class”…..hourly paid in some cases the minimum wage which varies from state to state.
      UK its now £6.79 per hour.
      There is lobbying for a “liveable” wage which will be difficult to administer/implement as it would involve means testing every individual/circumstances ….counter productive.
      However by 2020 it will be £10 per hour as promised by the political cl…asses…..by next election.

It was interesting to read your exchanges with lady from Venezuela.
      Have spent most of my retirement in Catalonia Spain (last bastion of Moorish occupation)
      as the uk climate is not very accommodating …..wet windy cold.
      Love the food music culture of Spain.
      When Chavez was in charge things were good in the “barrios” in Caracas but Maduro was
      always going to fail to live up to peoples expectations. To compound matters “oil” is its main
      source of foreign exchange which does not help matters.
      All eggs in one basket.
      Sorry I do not support “belonging” to Venezuela as an option.
      Or for that matter “belonging” to Brazil or Suriname.
      However I do support “freedom of movement of peoples goods and services” as per EU
      model for the region….language not an issue.

On the Michael Moore movie which I certainly won’t miss seeing…… here is my take.
      USA is a signatory on Shengen as well as most EU states but UK is not.
      Suspect EU will eventually pull the plug on Shengen requiring Visas for all visitors
      from outside its 28 member states. UK will have a referendum on IN/OUT EU
      membership for political reasons but will not join Shengen.
      2016 will be very volatile political year…..
      USA with Hilary as CIC
      UK voting to leave EU
      China now member of WB
      India demographics exceeding china.
      Russia s Putin a military powerhouse.
      Africa tribal differences.
      Middle east at war within

Plenty of entertainment from the political cl….asses.
      Happy 2016 and beyond.

• guyaneseonline  On 12/27/2015 at 7:30 pm

Sorry Gigi .. Here is the link… Hope it works.

• demerwater  On 12/27/2015 at 4:31 pm

“I wish I could meet more Venezuelans to share with them our desire to belong to Venezuela.”
    This has to be a minority opinion.
    It has been more than 30 years since I emigrated but from what I read and hear, Venezuela is ramping up its claim for economic reasons. A great part of the strategy is to deflect the attention of Venezuelans from their own economic plight.
    Guyana is seeking a solution through the United Nations. Meanwhile,
    “Not a blade of Grass” is vying to replace the National Anthem”.

• De castro  On 12/27/2015 at 4:54 pm

Ha ha……not a kourass either.!
      MADuro is a fool …..cornered rat…..Hugo Chavez must be turning in his coffin…..as he endorsed
      the lunatic to be his successor.
      History repeats itself…..
      Thatcher followed by John Major the ninkanpook….

Will Hilary be endorsed by Obama …..she did step down (concede) to Obama
      doubt if she would do same for Bernie(KFC) this time,…..think its a “fix” again.
      Two candidates one party……bedfellows !
      USA politricks so predictable.