Guyana 2030: An Overview of Options & Opportunities for National Development + video

Guyana 2030: An Overview of Options & Opportunities (O3 ) for National Development – (see PDF slides and video presentation below)

Guyana 2030This conceptual proposal being presented under the title ‘An Overview of Options & Opportunities (O3) for National Development’ for your consideration was crafted by Stanley Ming, Eric Phillips, Joseph Singh and Supriya Singh. It is a synthesis of historical and updated studies, implemented and planned projects, and interpretations that derive from the global environment. It represents the fundamentals of an integrated plan of action which will have a transformational impact in propelling Guyana into a modern, prosperous country for the well being of current and future generations.

VISION QUEST: Implementing an integrated strategy that will be a catalyst for National Unity and Good Governance that will motivate current and future generations towards the creation of a national system of governance, values and ethics conducive to sustained “green” economic development and socio-cultural harmony.

• GUYANA IS DESTINED TO BE A MODERN PROSPEROUS STATE
  • GUYANA IS RICHLY ENDOWED IN MANY DIFFERENT WAYS
  • GEOGRAPHY +  LANGUAGE + NATURAL RESOURCES + MARKET ACCESS

GO TO: http://guyana2030.com/ FOR MORE AND CONTACT INFORMATION

—-

SLIDES for VIDEO PRESENTATION BELOW (in PDF Format):

——–

Video presentation by Stanley Ming on Guyana 2030

——

GO TO: http://guyana2030.com/ FOR MORE AND CONTACT INFORMATION

——–

Comments

• albert  On April 7, 2015 at 12:31 pm

These fellows have presented some useful ideas based on updated studies of years ago and other global information. These include a road from Brazil to the Atlantic….a faster outlet for Brazilian exports, hydro electric with Brazilian aid, economic use of our abundant water supply, commercializing/marketing some of our fruits (e.g. quinoa, soursop) with specific nutritious values to a health conscious market etc.
    Have the years in Guyana been wasted with incompetent governments and leaders or what.

We are slow to develop export of our fruits to the Caribbean where there is a strong demand. Others far away with less of an economic advantage will take those markets if we do not act.

• jonathanwilkins  On April 9, 2015 at 8:05 am

What Rupert Craig used to refer to as “Time Lag…”

• jonathanwilkins  On April 9, 2015 at 8:07 am

Do you have an Email contact for Stanley…? Please post

• guyaneseonline  On April 9, 2015 at 8:35 am

Please go to the document at the link shown above.
        Go to the last page and you will see a form for feedback comments.

We do not have apersonal e-mail for Stanley Ming.
        Thank you.
        Cyril Bryan

• jonathanwilkins  On April 9, 2015 at 9:18 am

Cyril – I will be in Barbados as of Sunday – I would very much like to meet Stanley on my way back to Brazil via GEO (Ogle) – Please ask him to access his FaceBook OTHERS messages folder – I have sent my contact info to him – my email is jonathan.lvx@gmail.com

• Ron. Persaud  On April 7, 2015 at 5:56 pm

I have been out of touch with the infrastructure development, industrial growth and things like that, in Guyana, for the past three decades.
    However, goals can be – positively – like ‘castles in the air’ but there remains the challenging task of building a stairway to such a castle; and I wish the presentation had contained more on that aspect.
    In my day, “Operation Bootstrap” was held up as the example of motivating a nation. The closest Guyana has come to that concept was the “FCH” program which I think, must have been the brainchild of LFSB. I recall the derision that his (milk and cassava) manifesto generated in 1961 or thereabouts but in my opinion, it was a path, rocky and rough, to a worthy, national destination and I have always credited Mr. Burnham with that vision of national self sufficiency. Sometimes I despair of Guyanese being motivated en masse.

• Ron. Persaud  On April 10, 2015 at 2:21 am

I feel obliged to comment on the statement – It is the only English-speaking country in South America.
    In the old days of the “British Empire”, this statement was probably used to reinforce the other ancient idea that “the sun never sets on the British Empire”. In the mid 20th. century, British Guianese used to brag to our West Indian neighbors, “We have a Continental Destiny!”
    Consider this; in 1959 I had passed at GCE “O” level in French and Latin. My first job was as a teacher in the Rupununi – and I was singularly unprepared to communicate in either the Portuguese or Wapisiana language without an interpreter. To this day, I believe firmly, that Spanish would have served me better than French; with apologies to my brother in law in Toronto.
    Yet I do believe that Guyana can capitalize on its location and culture by serving as an entreport between its Hispanic neighbors to its south; and its West Indian neighbors across the Caribbean sea. I just do not know how.
    In that respect I have this sneaky feeling that I share something with Mr. Ming.