IT IS ARITHMETIC! – By Clyde Duncan

IT IS ARITHMETIC! By Clyde Duncan

I have issues and feel it is time to speak up – VENT!! Forwards to my email about Islam taking over the world is revolting – the people who forward these videos to my email address believe this nonsense and it makes my blood boil; I am fed up seeing the same nonsense over and over from different sources. I am being forwarded videos about how Islam is this and how Islam is that; how Islam is taking over the world – So let me play with my cards upturned – Islam is taking over the world. It is arithmetic!

I have never read any of the holy books and some keep saying to me that it is about time I started – forget it – the holy books are all about indoctrination for a holy war – for war?  That seems like a good reason to not read it. Other religions are using birth control, while the followers of Islam have 10-children per family. Don’t tell me you failed arithmetic?!

Okay!! Islam is taking over the world because the followers of Islam are more fertile than other religions, so when they copulate, they produce babies – It is arithmetic!!

I would have more respect for the spiritual teachings if followers did not turn the page in the holy book to “an eye for an eye” for every slight. There are always other solutions, like starting a conversation – turn the volume down and treat the other guy like he has the bigger arsenal and you want to dissuade him from using it.

In fact, one man already said it: ‘Jaw-jaw is better than war-war!’; all other religions are feeling the pinch; they are slowly waking up to smelling the coffee – as the saying goes, ‘you reap what you sow, and the crops come up!’ – The unintended consequences of sanctions are hurting the USA and Europe. Start a conversation!!

Look: I am not looking to criticize anyone’s religion, but when a former director of the CIA tweets – after the Charlie Hebdo killings [12-deaths – 11-injures] – ‘that this is the worst attack in Europe since the 2005 London Bombings’ [56-deaths – 700-injures]. This gives me pause – This is disconcerting to me – Pause!!

What about Anders Behring Breivik?? As the perpetrator of the 2011 Norway attacks, he was responsible for 77-deaths and 319-injures of innocent people in Europe. 2005-2011?

Has it occurred to you soldiers that you may be killing innocent people of your own faith who may have chosen to do the right thing and live among the ‘enemy’, for example? Some who had decided to start a conversation? – Some living in Palestine and Iraq?

Holy War is an example of an oxy-moron, if ever there is one: ‘Holy’= oneness, one purpose, togetherness – ‘War’= desecration, divisiveness, destruction. Time is running out before we reach for the nuclear arsenal AGAIN – Start a conversation!! – Love, Peace, Prosperity starts with a conversation. Holy Wars are about birth control – population control – delayed abortion – yep! The same hypocrites who are pro-life are advocating killing innocent people and children in the name of their superior religion. While Islam is taking over the world!

War means to bomb, maim and murder – mass murder is genocide – we had a whole lot of people railroaded to their deaths before the last Great War’. As another man said, “…. then they came for me and there was no one left to speak for me!” – It is arithmetic!!

Comments

• Sawak Sarju  On 02/02/2015 at 9:20 am

Insightfult!

Kudos to C. D.

S.

Sent from Windows Mail

• Richard Poore  On 02/02/2015 at 11:00 am

You said you have never read the holy books because they are…
    If you have never read them, you don’t know what they are. I have read: the Old and New Testaments, a decent piece of the Koran, a chunk of the Book of Mormon because people base their lives on these books. However will I understand these people without some basis of learning? During a briefing before invading Iraq President Bush was alleged to have said, “Sunnis and Shiites? I thought we were talking about Muslims?” So what’s the difference and why does it matter? Ask a Muslim, it does to them.
    Careful, drink before you spout.

• Clyde Duncan  On 02/03/2015 at 11:30 am

Okay!! Let us follow the conversation: President Bush was alleged to have said, “Sunnis and Shiites? I thought we were talking about Muslims?” So what’s the difference and why does it matter? Ask a Muslim, it does to them.
    Okay, Let us play along – transpose “Sunni and Shiites” with the following ….

Roman Catholics and Anglicans? I thought we were talking about Christians?
    Karaite and Ashkenazi? I thought we were talking about Jews?
    FLDS and AUB? I thought we were talking about Mormons?
    Shaktas and Shaivas? I thought we were talking about Hindus?

The lists and divisions in our beliefs are long and varied – We need to go beyond asking a Muslim; abandon the concept of a Holy War just because the holy book says so; and start a conversation. When I don’t read, I pay attention to the people who are alleged to have read, although it says some where in the holy books something about he that sees but does not perceive – he that hears or reads but does not understand? So I was told. – Just saying!

• Richard Poore  On 02/03/2015 at 2:38 pm

It would be helpful to understand a little of a people’s beliefs before authorizing the destruction of their country. Conversation is the way to avoid violence. Conversation begins with understanding. Understanding builds trust. In a supermarket I use on occasion the twenty something cashier had an Indo accent and a head scarf. I said, “You’re from Pakistan, As-salamu alaykum.” She smiled and asked, “How do you know that?” Because in 1948 when India broke free of England, Muslims separated from Hindus and formed Pakistan. You may know that very common Muslim greeting, but try it and see the incredible delight you bring out in the other person. There you can begin a conversation! The common ground I have with people of all these religions is that we all believe in a supreme being. We just differ on the details.

As far as justifying killing with a holy book, killers use whatever sells to justify their killing. Our support of brutal regimes in the name of oil has been shameful. Their anger is justified. It’s not about religion. We’ll bomb Muslims because they bombed us because we bombed them on and on, like the Protestants and Catholics in Ireland. It’s about winning, but nobody wins.

Somewhere after my travels in agnosticism, I came to see God as bigger than me and our little universe. I question constantly, still do, but once in my own mind an answer was placed in front of me that was heretofore impossible and yet I could’t deny it. It had for me the gravity of God saying, “Do you hear me now?” It was a small thing – the Soviet Union dissolved.

• Clyde Duncan  On 02/04/2015 at 9:39 am

I like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkha3MLCzhM

• gigi  On 02/04/2015 at 10:10 pm

Kudos Clyde and nice rebuttal too 🙂 — double kudos.

Amen, it is so.

• Clyde Duncan  On 02/05/2015 at 12:27 pm

Millennium Development Goals – Post-2015 Development Agenda: http://www.mw.undp.org/content/undp/en/home/mdgoverview/mdg_goals/post-2015-development-agenda.html

• Clyde Duncan  On 02/13/2015 at 2:27 pm

Rep. Seth Moulton (D-Mass.), a Marine Corps veteran and a member of the House Armed Services Committee, on Thursday signaled he would not support President Obama’s request for war powers to fight Islamic militants as it is currently written.

“I am not ready to support an authorization for military force until the administration presents a comprehensive strategy to ensure long-term success,” Moulton, who served four tours in Iraq, said in a statement.

“The strategy should be led by political and diplomatic efforts to unify and empower a local coalition to defeat [the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria], supported by American military assistance — not the other way around,” he added.

The President is putting the cart before the horse – The Representative is right, Start a conversation!! http://thehill.com/policy/defense/232627-dem-a-marine-veteran-wont-back-obama-on-aumf