THE SUITCASE – a meeting with GOD!

THE SUITCASE

A man died, when he realized it, he saw God coming closer with a suitcase in his hand.

God said: Alright son its time to go.

Surprised the man responded: Now? So soon? I had a lot of plans…

I’m sorry but its time to go.

What do you have in that suitcase? the man asked.

God answered: Your belongings.

My belongings? you mean my things, my clothes, my money?

God answered: Those things were not yours they belonged to the earth.

Is it my memories? the man asked.

God answered: those never belonged to you they belonged to Time

Is it my talents?

God answered: those were never yours they belonged to the circumstances.

Is it my friends and family?

God answered: I’m sorry they were never yours they belonged to the path.

Is it my wife and son?

God answered: They were never yours they belonged to your heart.

Is it my body?

God answered: that was never yours it belonged to the dust.

Is it my soul?

God answered: No that is mine.

Full of fear, the man took the suitcase from god and opened it just to find out the suitcase was empty.

With a tear coming down his cheek the man said: I never had anything??

God answered: that is correct, every moment you lived were only yours. Life is just a moment.

a moment that belongs to you. For this reason enjoy this time while you have it.

Don’t let anything that you think you own stop you from doing so.

Live Now  …..Live your life

Don’t forget to be happy, that is the only thing that matters.

Material things and everything else that you fought for stays here.

YOU CAN’T TAKE ANYTHING

Comments

• de castro  On April 14, 2014 at 3:34 am

Ha ha!
    Came into the world with my birth suit
    Leaving it with my best suit…even more ha ha!

My wish is to be recycled….not 6feet under
    Either 200 miles out at sea or 200 miles in the Amazon …
    No mans land or sea….
    Guess that “certifies” me.!
    Kamtan

• Rosaliene Bacchus  On April 14, 2014 at 4:16 pm

We can’t take anything when we leave this life. But what will be our legacy when we’re gone?

• Albert  On April 15, 2014 at 2:14 pm

Rosaliene “…………………what will be our legacy when we’re gone?

That might be assuming we understood what was our purpose in life before the end came. Many do not know with reasonable certainty why we and the earth exist., and so what they are required to do. Some think they know, because the Bible tell them so, but do they really.

• de castro  On April 15, 2014 at 3:40 pm

My purpose in life are my legacy.
        2 daughters 2 sons and 5 grandchildren.
        Maybe a great granddaughter/grandson.
        Hope this happens sooner than later…..
        Three of my granddaughters don’t want children…
        So my family is tree may end up with 3/4 branches…ha ha

That’s life
        Que Sera sera

• Rosaliene Bacchus  On April 15, 2014 at 3:41 pm

So true, Albert. When I asked that question, I was thinking of a remark my son made the day before.

He looked at me and said: “Your generation is responsible for climate change.”

My response: “And if your generation does nothing to stop it, you’ll have to answer to future generations.”

But his remark hit home.

• de castro  On April 14, 2014 at 4:42 pm

Judging by the history of the planet…a better brighter world than the
    one we entered…hopefully a wiser world….

• Phil  On April 14, 2014 at 7:29 pm

Reality Check, from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.

• Team-GABI  On April 14, 2014 at 11:38 pm

Reblogged this on Guyanese Association of Barbados Inc.

• Ron. Persaud  On April 15, 2014 at 9:44 pm

I am reminded of the story of a very rich man who had died.
    At the wake, people were speculating as to how much he had left.
    7? 10? 15? million dollars!
    And there was this one guy, Kamptan – who was silent throughout.
    “Hey, Kamptan? How much you think he left?” asked Ron.
    “Oh, everything!” was Kamptan’s laconic retort.

• Ron. Persaud  On April 15, 2014 at 9:51 pm

And for my all time favorite quote on this topic.
    “The boast of heraldry, the pomp of power,
    And all that beauty, all that wealth e’er gave,
    Awaits alike th’ inevitable hour:-
    The paths of glory lead but to the grave.”

Remember Gray’s “Elegy”? Royal Reader Book V (I think)

• de castro  On April 15, 2014 at 11:45 pm

Ha ha
    philosophical Ron…loosing his marbles…it was book 5.
    Am 70 now and counting….
    My father lost both marbles and life at 92
    My mother only her life at 93…5 years later.
    Of 7 siblings 5 still around…
    Eldest brother Brazilian citizen.
    Sister american citizen
    Sister Canadian citizen
    Brother Canadian citizen
    Myself citizen planet earth.
    One should make the century….more likely a sister
    As women live longer than men.
    Next to exit should be eldest “statistically”
    I am ready willing and able….with a smile on my ugly face…ha ha

Philosophically yours
    Kamptan…hope you put in for mayor of Georgetown job….if/when it goes up for grab…fight on bro..

• walter  On April 16, 2014 at 1:34 am

‘nothing is everything,everything is nothing. embrace your mortality enjoy the journey.And DishNation.

• Vincent Tan  On February 21, 2015 at 5:25 am

Belief In God… Simplified… Though… HumanKind Dignity… God Is Man Made…

• albert  On February 21, 2015 at 11:13 am

“God is Man Made”
      Man had to find an explanation for that which he did not know or understood. So he created a “God” in his own image.

• Veda Nath Mohabir  On January 30, 2018 at 10:54 am

It is interesting to see people, even atheists, loving to weigh-in on the mention of God.
    How unfortunate it is to see ideas on God or the after-life taking notice of what one-half the world in the East believe in – what their philosophers have been discussing for millennia.
    I am sure everyone here heard/knows of Reincarnation. In other words, ‘life’ doesn’t end with mortal death. Reincarnation is not a one-off idea as the faith-based Abrahamic religion (which influences Western though) propound. There is Logic behind the concept such as it is bound up with Karma; as well as, it reflects Nature and what takes place in the universe. Just like mortal death, the Big Bang is not a one-off event. There is a body of scientific thought that Big Bang is just one of a series of such events in Time; which mirrors what the Hindu argue.
    But, before I get carried away, the ‘Suitcase’ isn’t really empty. It only appears so.
    As part of the Hindu reincarnation system, there is what we understand as Accountability – often thought of as Karmic. How can any ‘designer’ build a system without accountability? That will be a deficient design.
    So, we will return in a subsequent life to have to deal with the ‘climate change’ effects. That is ACCOUNTABILITY!

Back to the empty ‘suitcase’: As said it is not really empty, it has our effects of Karma, but unseen. As I said, Reincarnation is not a one-off belief. There is no ‘faith’ involved. Just as Yoga is not just the physical poses (ASANAS) but is part of a theory of the Mind.
    Here are two terms which I don’t expect you know of: SAMSKARAS and VASANAS. All our intentional actions create Sanskars which moves on with the Soul (in Subtle body) to the next life. Proof? Look at two identical twins. Same genetic makeup, same bringing-up, but usually very different personalities. Why, what explains that difference – randomness?
    No, the Hindus will tell you it is Karmic – the twins have been inherited their own Samskaras from previous lives. That is makes them psychologically/emotionally different.

Here is an explanation:
    “When our habit patterns become so ingrained that they alter our body chemistry, it is called “addiction.” When they become strong enough to alter our thinking process, it is called “samskara.” At this stage we no longer remember when or how this process started. And without introspection or retentive power we fail to discover the realm of the mind where these samskaras are stored. When our mental world is totally under the influence of these powerful impressions they become the determining factors of our personality, and due to these samskaras we perceive this world in our habitual ways.”
    “The contents of our mind color our perception of ourselves and others. When even our discriminatory faculty, the intellect, is colored and we spontaneously and effortlessly think, speak, and act in accordance with those colored perceptions, then the samskaras have become vasanas (literally, “color” or “coloring agent”). Now we have little choice but to see ourselves and the world in accordance with these potent impressions from our past deeds.
    You can clearly see that these samskaras and vasanas are our own creation.”
    The suitcase isn’t empty!
    VedaNM

• Veda Nath Mohabir  On January 30, 2018 at 10:56 am

The word “NO” s/b inserted ahead of “notice” in the following: “How unfortunate it is to see ideas on God or the after-life taking notice of what one-half the world in the East believe in.
    VNM