Dave Martins – Tradewinds – 46 songs/videos – autoplay

Dave Martins – Tradewinds – 46 songs/videos – autoplay

Known for their witty and insightful songs of Caribbean life, the Tradewinds, formed in 1966, have become one of the most revered groups in the West Indies. Led by the versatile Dave Martins (Guyana) with his guitar, vocal and composing ability, the group, like it’s name, reflects the span of the Caribbean.

Here is the Dave Martins website:  http://www.dtradewinds.com/

Comments

• de castro  On November 5, 2012 at 8:34 am

in a word….”nostalgic” (memories) !
    kamptan

• Gerry Fernandes  On November 9, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Interesting lyrics!

Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 04:48:58 +0000 To: gerry_fernandes@hotmail.com

• Junior Leiba  On December 25, 2013 at 2:12 pm

Dave……Many thanks for the wonderful music and memories that you gave us here in Toronto @ We Place/Mercury Club from the mid 1960’s….your good self together with Joe Brown, Kevin Ceballo, Glen Sorzano…..your decent, quiet, humble and pleasant personality left an indelible mark with us…..hoping that you are enjoying the good life in Guyana……Sincerely…..Junior Leiba

• Mike Marks  On June 1, 2014 at 7:18 pm

Dave and the TRADEWINDS have produced my favourite music for decades. It is still my kind of music. I also enjoy playing some of the songs.

• Salome  On June 8, 2014 at 4:23 pm

Mr. Martins and the Tradewinds, you are a treasure to Guyana and to the Caribbean as a whole. You have given a voice and worth to one of the most unique and vibrant cultures in the world. How gifted and blessed you are to have the ability and opportunities to share with us your life through music. You should write your life, so that we can have you for all times. What an extraordinary man you are.

• sham  On June 21, 2014 at 9:24 pm

my favarite songs

• Albert Ferreira  On November 28, 2014 at 6:02 pm

Dave. What can I say about the Ambasador of Guyana. I have very fond memories of you playing at our house parties at Fernwood Park Avenue and following your fabulous career through the decades and always try to see you perform when you return to Toronto. We cherish your friendship and your contribution to our beautiful Guyana. Thank you for keeping our culture alive.

Sincerely Albert Ferreira.

• Albert Ferreira  On November 28, 2014 at 6:03 pm

As above.

• Lisa Scott  On November 11, 2017 at 10:10 am

I grew up on the music of the Tradewinds. Would love to buy the CDS. Where do I get them?

• kamtanblog  On February 10, 2018 at 2:25 am

Dave
    What about a song about Guyana anew found wealth
    “Black gold”
    Matilda she tek me oil and run Venezuela/Guyana
    Dem thief me oil !

My favourite not a blade of grass

Kamtan

• kamtanblog  On February 10, 2018 at 2:28 am

Let’s have one on Guyana
    “Black gold”

We ah all guh b millionaires !