Mohamed `Fuzzy’ Sattaur resigns from NCN

Mohamed `Fuzzy’ Sattaur resigns from NCN

 Stabroek News – June 29, 2012

Mohamed Sattaur

Chief Executive Officer of the state broadcaster, NCN, Mohammed Sattaur has resigned and the Programme Manager, Martin Goolsarran has been suspended for eight weeks following investigations into financial irregularities at the company.

“I offered my resignation to the minister of information (President Donald Ramotar) and he accepted…I felt that reports in the press had affected the image of NCN so I resigned,” Sattaur told Stabroek News in a brief comment when contacted today,  June 29, 2012            

Goolsarran confirmed that he has been suspended for eight weeks. “Given the facts that were laid out and because of the investigations that followed, they determined that we acted irresponsibly and as such I was suspended for eight weeks. I will return after it’s over. I will continue to work hard to the best of my ability,” Goolsarran told Stabroek News.

Earlier this month, the board of NCN launched an investigation into suspected financial irregularities at the network and Goolsarran was sent on administrative leave in relation to a $3.9M cheque made payable to him by a major advertiser, Guyana Telephone and Telegraph company.  [more]


Article printed from Stabroek News: http://www.stabroeknews.com

Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: