Newsletter – June 2010

Newsletter – June 2010

(click above or below to view 16-page newsletter)

Guyanese Online Newsletter -June 2010< download

In This Issue

Parliament Building - Georgetown. Guyana

Parliament Building - Georgetown. Guyana

Page 1– Masthead Picture: Parliament Buildings in Georgetown; President Jagdeo’s Independence Speech for 44th Anniversary.

Page 2-  EditorialVideos on Life and Education.

Page 3– Guest Editorial – New Models of Governance

Page 4-  Caribbean: Trinidad and Tobago Elections

Page 5– Guyana Tourism – Guyana Jamboree 2010.

Page 6—Guyana News with Headline News links

Amaila Falls Hydro Project;  RUSAL Hydro  Project Talks;   Governance links; Agriculture;  Gold and Diamond Mining Issues.

Page 7—Guyana News with Headline News Links; Golden Grove Community Centre Opens; St. Joseph Mercy Hospital Fire—News links

Page 8– Business Page with GO-Invest links

Page 9– Last Lap Lime – 15th Anniversary

Page 10- Associations: Guyanese Association of Georgia; Guyanese Association of  Barbados;

Page 11-  Associations: Guyanese association of Manitoba;Q.C. Alumni—”Fireworks in Queens”;“A Taste of Guyana” in Toronto; Friends of  Victoria Village “Creole Breakfast”; Buxton-  170th Anniversary Celebrations; The Arts Journal;  Ameena Gafoor’s column

Page 12- Arts and Culture: Tony Phillips—artist –  Website; Olga Lopes-Seale  – “Fun Run”  in Barbados;  Godfrey Chin: “The Forties in British Guiana.”

Page 13- Arts and Culture: “Reds” Perreira launches book on his life;“Come Walk With Me”  A book of  Poems by Francis Yvonne Jackson living in Chicago.

Page 14– 15- Historical:  “Glimpses of Kingston”  1948. Written by Joy W. Small in Kyk-Over-Al

Page 16– Advertising- Guyana Telephone Calling Cards;  Caribbean Cargo and Packaging Services.

Comments

• Edwin Ali  On June 10, 2010 at 1:15 pm

Congratulations on a well structured newsletter.

• guyaneseonline  On June 15, 2010 at 12:01 am

Pardon the delay in replying due to my work.
      You have always supported my efforts with the newsletter and I really appreciate it.
      Kindest regards
      Cy

• Jerry Persaud  On June 14, 2010 at 11:49 pm

Thank you providing such a fantastic newsletter!

• guyaneseonline  On June 14, 2010 at 11:52 pm

Thank you Jerry for your congratulations.
      It makes the hard work worth the effort when others find the output useful.

Cy

• Mary Figueira  On June 15, 2010 at 12:04 am

June 13, 2010:

Good Morning Mr. Bryan, thanks for the June issue of guyanese on line, have not read as yet but I am sure I will enjoy as I did others.

Bye thanks ….. Mary

• guyaneseonline  On June 15, 2010 at 12:13 am

Hello Mary:
      I am glad that you enjoy reading the newsletters.
      Please pass them o to your friends as well.
      I hope that you like the June issue… It has lots of information, including videos.
      Regards,
      Cy

• Slater Jeffrey  On June 15, 2010 at 12:08 am

to Cyril Bryan
    date Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 1:18 AM
    subject RE: Guyanese Online Newsletter – June 2010

Great job Cyril! You have done it again. Tonight, at the monthly board meeting of the Guyana Association of Georgia you were mentioned honorably for your posting of the events at our recently concluded Memorial weekend Fun Day and Anniversary Ball.

Slater Jeffrey

• guyaneseonline  On June 15, 2010 at 12:11 am

Thank you Slater.
      I am here to help in any way I could to make your future events a success…
      Just send me the stuff and I would do my best to post it online.
      Cheers! Have a great summer… Best wishes to you and your team.
      Kindest regards
      Cy

• Bobby Vieira  On June 15, 2010 at 12:31 am

date Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 8:47 AM
    subject RE: Guyanese Online Newsletter – June 2010

Cyril:
    Great job.
    I’ve already sent this to more than two thousand persons in a general email list. I’m sure it will go further.

We’ll speak….. Bobby Vieira

• guyaneseonline  On June 15, 2010 at 1:04 am

Hello Bobby:

Thanks for distributing the newsletter to your database.
      Hoping to talk with you soon .. this week ..
      Regards
      Cy

Ameena Gafoor
    to guyaneseonline@gmail.com
    date Thu, Jun 10, 2010 a
    subject RE: Guyanese Online Newsletter – June 2010

Hi Cyril,
    Many thanks for keeping me on the mailing of Guyanese OnLine and for finding the space to include The Arts Journal and the KN Arts Column on Sundays. I much appreciate this gesture.
    The newsletter is very informative, very comprehensive.
    Congrats on another brilliant issue.

Regards, Ameena.

• guyaneseonline  On June 15, 2010 at 12:38 am

Hi Ameena:

Thanks for your congratulations!
      You will always be on my mailing list and your publications will always be included in Guyanese Online – if you so desire.
      I support the work that you are doing and would help you in every way I could to ensure your success!
      Keep up the good work and please send me updates on the Arts Journal when the next one is published.
      Kindest regards,
      Cy

• Fred Persaud  On June 15, 2010 at 1:14 am

Sent: June 10, 2010 10:10 AM
    Subject: Re: FW: Guyanese Online Newsletter – June 2010

This is by far, the best Guyanese newsletter around. Very informative.

Fred

• guyaneseonline  On June 15, 2010 at 1:45 am

Hello Fred:
      I am glad to hear that Elaine Phipps has passed on the newsletter to you.
      I have now put you on the main list to ensure that you get all of the newsletters from us – just in case Elaine is too busy.
      I am glad that you think so well about Guyanese Online. We try our best to make it as informative as possible with links to stories and videos that may interest our readers. We try to make sure that there is a wide selection of articles so that every reader should find something of interest.

Thanks again for your compliments, and we look forward to hearing from you again.

Regards, Cy

• Elaine Phipps  On June 15, 2010 at 1:19 am

date Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 10:44 AM
    subject Guyanese Online Newsletter – June 2010

Cyril, I’ve been forwarding your newsletter all over and the feedback has been amazing … (see below the comment by my friend, Fred Persaud).

I agree that you have put together an amazing source of information for people in and outside of Guyana.

Elaine Phipps (Toronto. Canada)

• guyaneseonline  On June 15, 2010 at 1:39 am

Thanks, Elaine for your comments.
      Most of all, thank you for taking the time to forward the newsletter to your friends.
      As you would appreciate, it takes a lot of effort to put the newsletter together every month and it is important to us that it gets the widest readership possible.

Kindest regards… Cy